dblue

dblue

Anything Could Happen - B.G. Thomas 4.5/5.0

When I asked to read and review Anything Could Happen, I did not realize it was a spin off of "The Boy Who Came In From the Cold“. Although I had questions about a couple of the characters, it was nothing that took away from the enjoyment of this book.

Anything Could Happen almost feels like a coming of age story for the three main characters. We are living Austin’s experience as it happens, but also getting glimpses of Uncle Bodie’s and Guy’s experiences from their youth. It is beautiful to watch Austin discover a life he has only imagined. Coming from a small town, he felt like he was the only gay man in the world. Austin is amazed and comments several times in the book saying this is real, I am gay and I am not alone. I adored Uncle Bodie. I was as shocked as Austin when I first met him in the book. He was so outspoken and Austin so unsure of himself. I think I grew to love him right along with Austin. Then there is Guy. He is one of those characters I wanted to hug and say, it’s ok. He comes across as confident but has this vulnerability about him. His life experiences have not been as positive as Austin or Bodie’s. He uses his love for theater to express himself and to work through those things that haunt him from his past.

To read the full review, please go to: