dblue

dblue

The Broken Road Cafe (The Broken Road Cafe #1)

The Broken Road Cafe - T.A. Webb I went into the book with no preconceived ideas, not a clue as to content. I read it because it was T.A. Webb and I love his work. This is the first in a series and saying that, it is what I have now decided are serialized series. I would have,at one time,been upset that the ending was not completely wrapped up, but with this and another series I love, there is a short story arc that is completed and a longer arc that continues in the next book. I can handle that. :-)

Dan is a wonderful character and he is having a really bad week at the beginning of the book. Talk about life crashing down around you. This series of events leads him to reevaluate his life and what he really wants. He wants to own a restaurant and after some searching finds one for sale in Blue Ridge, Georgia. Here he meets some wonderful characters, Patsy, the real estate agent/Mayor. (She and Dan's secretary,Charity, are wonderful catty women characters that are very likeable.) He also meets Nick - the Chief of police. Their relationship does not start off well but, well you need to read it to find out how this works out. Plus many other character that I hope to see further developed as the series continues. (cough, Charlie, cough)

Just when Dan thinks things are going to settle down, his past follows him to Blue Ridge. We have several mysteries working in this book and they are some how linked together. I enjoyed the way this book set up the series, built the characters and drew me in. I did not want to put the book down. The authors references to quotes from a familiar movie were fun and endearing. As I said,this is a series and although not all is wrapped up, I did not feel left hanging. I am definitely looking forward to the next book.