dblue

dblue

Stormhaven (Whyborne & Griffin)

Stormhaven - Jordan L. Hawk I just finished this book today. I was up into the wee hours reading and grabbed ever spare moment I could to finish it. This series captured my heart from the very first book and I anxiously await each installment.

They are that good!

The series has a historical setting with mystery and paranormal elements. It is also a tale of love and friendship between Percival Whyborne and Griffin Flaherty, our two protagonists in the series. This series also includes a wonderful female character - an outspoken friend and colleague of Whyborne's, Dr. Christine Putnam. She is a refreshing character and I adore her and her loyalty to Whyborne.

The series should be read from the beginning to get the full experience and it is well worth it. I am not going into details of the plot. If you are already familiar with the series, you will read it anyway. If you are new to the series, stop and go to book 1 - Widdershins - you need to start at the beginning. (Yes - I know I said this before but truly - such a wonderful series) or go to this wonderful review by my friend Dianne at Live Your Life Buy the Book :http://liveyourlifebuythebook.wordpress.com/2013/11/29/stormhaven/

I would not read a review until I read the book because 1) I was already familiar with the series and 2) I did not want to know anything about this particular installment before I read it. It was like opening a gift to myself and I greedily snuggled in and read to my hearts content. Thank you Ms. Hawk for another amazing book in what has become one of my all time favorite series.