dblue

dblue

Christmas Kitsch

Christmas Kitsch - Amy Lane I had been saving this book for when I could really sit and enjoy a longer holiday read. That sit and enjoy moment did not come and I ended up reading in stolen moments and that ended up a funny story itself, but only Amy Lane knows that one.

This is a beautiful heartwarming story. I loved Rusty from the first moment on page. He is so much more than he gives himself credit for. His parents are a piece of work and never treat him like a son as much as grooming someone for their own social status. It was sad. There is just so much wonderful about this book. Oliver and Rusty are perfect for one another. The contrast between their families and life experiences and how it affects how they see things was well done. The relationship with Rusty and his sister Nicole is sweet and I liked her feisty personality. Their relationship with Estrella, their nanny / housekeeper seems to be the only things that has given them any semblance of a family in their lives and although she may not understand or approve of Rusty's choices, she loves him just the same. I loved Olivers dad - he is awesome- and extended family too. I thought Rex was an interesting addition to the cast. He was, as described by Rusty, - larger than life. He was more complex than he appeared and I like the way he and Rusty ended up becoming friends - more than that really - chosen family.

I can always count on Amy Lane for a lovely thought provoking story that may bring me to tears but I know I will get my happy ending. I loved the last chapters that gave us a glimpse of the future for Rusty and Oliver. I would love to see a sequel to this book (please) There are so many characters that I would love to see explored further.